Immediately after observing a kitchen area that Alina Wolhardt designed in a new building nearby, the proprietor of this Bay Village rental hired Wolhardt to renovate her personal kitchen. Rather than just redo the counters and cabinetry, Wolhardt opened items up. “The kitchen area and dining spot had been driving a wall with a coat closet on 1 aspect and the washer and dryer on the other,” suggests the founder of Wolf in Sheep Structure. “It blocked all the gentle and designed the residing place experience darkish and enclosed.” Wolhardt took down the wall and relocated every little thing to the remaining of the eating location. “The open up strategy format would make the space brighter and much more productive by bringing all the storage to 1 put, absent from the windows,” she claims.
1. Mid-century model dining chairs from West Elm surround the owner’s present desk, which sits on a resilient cowhide rug. The Rejuvenation cone pendant has a brass inside that casts a warm glow.
2. A combined-media piece on wooden by Roxbury-dependent Cyrille Conan adds zing and echoes the condition of the pendants above the island. “I usually like to incorporate an energetic artwork to entire a area,” Wolhardt says.
3. Wolhardt utilised black metallic accents with gold-toned specifics for distinction: Gubi pendants with rotating shades, a Brizo faucet, and Stellar Performs stools from Casa Style Group. “I like how the black pops from the blue,” she states.
4. Even though the operator at first requested a neutral kitchen, Wolhardt countered with Benjamin Moore Blue Danube for the shade of Venegas and Enterprise cabinetry. “When I prompt we go daring she went for it,” the designer says.
5. The Caesarstone backsplash and countertops have grey veining with blue undertones that tie to coloration of the cabinetry.
6. The incapacity to move the electrical traces prevented Wolhardt from transforming the kitchen area peninsula into an island, however she observed a partial fix. “The waterfall edge lends the illusion of an island,” she says.